Good morning St. Luke’s family. We continue to gather digitally with Morning Prayer Rite II (more or less), read for you by St. Luke’s parishioners. Feel free to follow along in the Book of Common Prayer. Also provided is a PDF of service bulletin.
The Rev. Julie Vice
Debbie Decker and Deegan and Parker
Music performed by:
St Luke’s Coffee Hour ~ Recipe of the Week
From Shawn DeArmond
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup sourdough starter, unfed/discard
4 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tbsp dried herbs of your choice
oil, for brushing
coarse salt for sprinkling on top
- Mix together the flour, salt, sourdough starter, butter, and optional herbs to make a smooth (not sticky), cohesive dough.
Divide the dough in half, and shape each half into a small rectangular slab. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to a couple of hours, until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Very lightly flour a piece of parchment, your rolling pin, and the top of the dough.
- Working with one piece at a time, roll the dough to about 1/16″ thick. The dough will have ragged, uneven edges; that’s OK. Just try to make it as even as possible.
- Transfer the dough and parchment together onto a baking sheet. Lightly brush with oil and then sprinkle the salt over the top of the crackers.
- Cut the dough into 1 1/4″ squares; a rolling pizza wheel works well here.
Prick each square with the tines of a fork.
- Bake the crackers for 10 minutes. Reverse the baking sheets; both top to bottom, and front to back; this will help the crackers brown evenly. Reduce oven to 300º and bake for 15 more minutes. Reduce one more time to 250º and stir crackers around to evenly brown. Bake 10-15 minutes.
- When fully browned, remove the crackers from the oven, and transfer them to a cooling rack. Store airtight at room temperature for up to a week.
Regarding Today’s Sermon
As mentioned in the sermon today, the Rev. Julie Vice invites anyone who would like to share reactions or further discussion about the sermon to contact her. Please see the announcements section of the bulletin for Rev. Julie’s contact information.