Good morning St. Luke’s family. We continue to gather digitally with Morning Prayer Rite II (more or less), read for you by St. Luke’s parishioners. Feel free to follow along in the Book of Common Prayer. Also provided is a PDF of service bulletin.
The Rev. Steve Leonetti
Debbie Decker and Deegan
Music performed by:
St Luke’s Coffee Hour ~ Recipe of the Week
Lemon Lavender Shortbread
2 cups butter
1 cup icing sugar
3 1/4 cup white flour
2 tsps grated lemon rind 1/2 cup cornstarch
2 tbsp dried lavender flowers (or 4-6 tbsp fresh lavender)
Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large bowl, cream butter, add in icing sugar, lemon juice, and zest.
- Mix 3 cups of the flour with the lavender flowers and cornstarch.
- Beat dry ingredients into the creamed mixture a third at a time.
- Turn out dough onto a clean surface and knead in the rest of the flour until soft and smooth.
- Line a 9×13” metal cake pan with foil (enough to hang 1” over the edge). Press dough evenly into pan and prick all over with a fork. Chill before baking approximately 30 minutes.
- Bake at 300oF for 40 minutes or until page gold. While warm, cut into 24 bars. Cool.