In accordance with direction from Yolo County and our Bishop, we will continue to suspend services and gatherings at the church at this time. However, just because we cannot gather physically, does not mean that we cannot gather.
Our first digital service was a great success. If you missed Sunday’s service, it’s available for you here. And watch our sermons page for the next service to drop this Sunday. If you know of someone in the congregation who does not have access to a computer, please contact the church office and let us know. We can mail out a CD or a printed version of the service so we can all worship together.
Vestry continues to meet on the 3rd Monday of the month via Zoom (video conferencing software). Book Study continues to meet Mondays at 5:00 p.m. & Wednesdays at 3:30 p.m. via video conferencing, also via Zoom.
For now, the following groups are not meeting at the church: Centering Prayer, Men’s Breakfast, Daughters of the King, & Choir.
Pledges and Donations
We have received questions about how to pay pledges if you can’t drop them in the plate on Sunday mornings. Please see our online payment section on our website to use Tithely. It’s very simple to use and very secure.
Please Update Your Directory Information
In light of the current health situation, it is more important that ever that we can contact each other. The vestry discovered that many of the phone numbers in our online church directory are incorrect. Please take a few minutes to make sure that your information is up to date. If you need assistance reseting your password or setting up an account in our directory, please contact Shannon.New Contact for Intercessory Prayer Request
Dear church family, although I am so grateful for the opportunity you have given me to be the contact for our very dedicated prayer team, my heart and time is focusing more on my husband’s need for care. Scott Campbell has volunteered to assume the role of communications contact for St. Luke’s intercessory prayer ministry. The timing has felt like a God sent. As you read Scott’s short bio that he sent to me and get to know Scott and Kathy, his wife, you will feel as I do, that they will enrich our community. -Sue Ahlquist
Scott and his new wife Kathy have been attending St. Luke’s since moving to Woodland from Redding in October. Scott was previously involved in the leadership of two churches in Illinois, one of which had an active experimental ministry that combined prayer, intercession, and worship, and he continues to have a heart for these things. At the other he served as staff pastoral counselor and counseling center director. Kathy is an RN with a love for hospice and palliative care nursing.
Scott is looking forward to serving as a part of this important ministry in its care of our congregation, and to the positive reports of God’s love being poured out upon His people. Scott can be contacted by phone at (815) 742-5562 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Resource Navigator team sent along the following links for local news and resources regarding COVID-19:
1) COVID-19 RESOURCES
- Yolo County COVID-19 web page: https://www.yolocounty.org/health-human-services/adults/communicable-disease-investigation-and-control/novel-coronavirus-2019
- California Department of Public Health Website provides daily updates and further instructions regarding the ongoing response to the disease:https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
- Center for Disease Control’s Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Website provides a comprehensive overview of the disease, including CDC recommendations for protecting yourself and others:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- How to Talk To Your Children about COVID-19: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hope-resilience/202003/how-talk-your-kids-about-covid-19
2) PARENTING GUIDES: Please share to support parents
During this challenging time, parents need more resources than ever. Please let parents know about the following guides from the Yolo County Children’s Alliance and the Yolo Child Abuse Prevention Council. All guides are available at www.yolokids.org/forfamilies, and I have attached a summary of the guides if you would prefer to share that. Please note that we will be releasing our positive discipline guide on 4/1/20 (Handling Your Child’s Challenging Behaviors at Every Age). The guides below are available now in English, Spanish, and Russian:
- Nurturing Children During Times of Stress: A Guide to Help Children Bloom
- Weathering the Storms: A Guide to Healthy Expressions of Emotions for Parents and Children
- Make Time for Yourself—A Self-Care Guide for Busy Parents
- Talk+Play=Connect Toolkit for Families (lots of activities to do with kids)