Daughters of the King – Anna Chapter
“For His Sake…
I am but one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
What I can do, I ought to do.
What I ought to do, by the grace of God I will do.
Lord, what will you have me do?”
The Daughters of the King (DOK) is a lay Order for women founded in 1885. We support the Episcopal Church and the community through prayer, service and evangelism. The commitment of Daughters of the King is to serve God and their church. Specifically, the vision statement as Daughters of the King® is to know Jesus Christ, to make Him known to others, and to become reflections of God’s love throughout the world. A Daughter pledges herself to a life-long program of prayer, service and evangelism, dedicated to the spread of Christ’s Kingdom and the strengthening of the spiritual life of her parish.
Daughters participate in many events such as:
- Meeting and greeting guests at coffee hour.
- Assisting with the prayer chain
- Serving as Eucharistic Ministers on Sundays.
- Holding the annual women’s retreat for all women of the Parish, at the Mercy Retreat Center in Auburn, CA
- Leading acolytes into service and personal growth
- Assisting with Sunday school
- and attending the Fall and Spring Daughters assembly meetings of the Diocese.
Please feel free to ask any of our members what they like about being a Daughter. It might be a good choice for you or a member of your family. We support each other, our clergy and church. We laugh and cry together and support each other learn more about our relationships with God. For more information contact Debbie Decker.
Every 2nd Saturday of the month at 10:00 am